What services does Pillow offer?
Pillow takes the work out of renting your home or apartment. We list and manage your place on top property rental sites including Airbnb, Homeaway and VRBO. We handle guest booking, key exchange, cleaning, maintenance, and guest communication before during and after each reservation.
Who should use Pillow?
Anyone who wants to rent their home to make supplementary income. Our customers include:
- Homeowners on extended vacations who want to rent out their home but don’t have the time to manage it
- Property owners who want to make more money through short term rentals than standard monthly rentals
Can I use Pillow even if I don't list my property on Airbnb or VRBO?
Yes, if you’re interested in exploring short term rentals for your home, we can help you get set up on Airbnb and other platforms.
How does Pillow help me earn more from my rental property?
The Pillow Data Analytics Team has engineered a pricing algorithm that takes into account factors like zip code, number of bedrooms, historical pricing data, and current neighborhood prices to adjust your nightly rates and maximize your revenue per booking. In addition, PIllow uses a dynamic pricing strategy to fill any open dates or last minute cancellations and ensure your place is always booked.
How much does Pillow cost?
Pillow offers homeowners two ways to earn income from their homes.
- Pay-Per-Booking means homeowners pay a fee of 15% of their rental income for Pillow’s management services, roughly half the price of most competitors which routinely charge anywhere from 25-40% fee. With Pay-Per-Booking, homeowners have calendar and pricing control and flexibility to set available dates (at less than 30 days) and to create a minimum nightly price.
- Fixed Income Guarantee gives homeowners a pre-determined monthly income from their short term rentals. Every month, Pillow will pay homeowners a set fee for the privilege of managing their rental home. Using 85 criteria including location, number of bedrooms, and amenities, Pillow is accurately able to predict both occupancy and daily pricing. This option is only available for homes where Pillow can manage rentals for at least an entire month. Inquire with your sales contact to see if your home qualifies for this option.
What happens if guests damage my property?
Pillow has got you covered. We screen guests before they complete reservations, and we check and document your property between guests. If something is not how you left it, please reach out to support immediately, and we’ll take care of it. We do recommend that our hosts invest in Homesharing Liability Insurance
, available through Peers.org.
What measures are taken to ensure the safety of my property?
After managing thousands of reservations, we’ve got this one down!
We make sure that guests are verified with the booking channel and have positive reviews. If a guest doesn’t have enough reviews we will interview them over the phone to ensure safety and fit with your home.
Where does Pillow currently operate?
- The San Francisco Bay Area; including Berkeley, Oakland, Sausalito, San Jose, Mountain View, and Menlo Park.
- Los Angeles; including Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Venice Beach, Downtown, Marina Del Ray, and Playa Del Ray.
- San Diego; including Downtown, Pacific Beach, Mission Beach, and La Jolla.
- Seattle; including Downtown, Capitol Hill, Belltown, Squire Park.
How do I get started?
Click ‘Get Started’, tell us a bit about your home, and schedule a time for a Pillow Pro to visit your home. We will reach out to you to discuss your property, answer any questions you may have and set up an in-person meeting to get your home ready for rental.